Crosman Silver Fox NP Air Rifle
Crosman Silver Fox NP air rifle
- Nitro Piston, gas piston powerplant
- 11mm Dovetail rail (no open sights)
- 70% quieter than spring-powered breakbarrels
- Ambidextrous all-weather synthetic stock
- Rifled steel barrel
- 2-stage adjustable trigger
- Includes CenterPoint Optics 4×32 scope
Benefits of the Nitro Piston over a metal mainspring:
- Smoother cocking
- Smoother shooting
- No spring torque
- No spring fatigue, even if you leave it cocked for hours
- Functions perfectly in cold weather
- Lasts longer than a metal spring
Air rifles powered by Nitro Piston Technology are helpful to hunters. There’s nothing worse than knowing your metal spring might be fatigued and not provide the power and energy you need to humanely dispatch your prey. With a gas piston, you’ll always have the same power and never have to give it a second thought because the gas piston does not suffer from the same issues.
With the Crosman Silver Fox NP air rifle, you can shoot spinners, pop the heads off dandelions, kill tin cans or dispatch small garden pests. If you shoot rats, mice, chipmunks and rabbits, the .177 caliber has enough terminal power.
The Silver Fox is equipped with a modern synthetic, all-weather stock. It’s robust, stands up to rugged field use and delivers a nice, balanced weight, and stands up to the rigors of everyday use.
If you shoot a lightweight pellet so its velocity exceeds the speed of sound, it could result in your pellet breaking the sound barrier and the gun being louder than expected! The speed of sound depends on humidity, temperature and altitude. Generally speaking, it’s between 1,060 fps and 1,115 fps.